This job is no longer available
Experienced Programmers - Rendering, Engine, Online, Generalist
Contract type: Freelance/contract.
Immediate start required.
Duration: 4 - 6 months.
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing game features that meet the project's requirements.
- Console experience.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
- Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of commercial software development with significant involvement in 1 published game.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
Responsibilities are dependent on the particular role and position. Full details of the specific roles can be found at http://reflections.ubisoft.com/