Rovio has been growing rapidly after the phenomenal success of Angry Birds and the growth still keeps on going! The Game unit’s goal is to delight our fans with fun and entertaining games and for ensuring this we cherish an innovative culture where all ideas matter. We want to make diamonds and are ready to invest time and effort for picking the raw ideas and polishing them into brilliant quality game concepts.
We are now looking for a Game Economy Manager to join our Games unit. You will be responsible for developing the game economy framework for Rovio games including virality, engagement and monetization. You’ll also facilitate the knowledge sharing within Games unit and supports the Executive Producers and game development teams in the area. You will work closely with colleagues throughout the organization in order to create new opportunities for enhancing the game economies.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Games’ economy framework development combining analytical and creative inputs
- Setting goals and measuring success in the area of virality, engagement and monetization. Analyzing economy enchacement opportunities related to our games, their content and ecosystems
- Comparing and prioritizing opportunities through business modeling and scenarios
- Benchmarking the competitors in regards to game economy design
- Building and sharing game economy knowhow within the company
We want you to have
- 4+ years of experience in gaming industry
- Proven track record in game economy design
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics-driven decision making
- Deep knowledge on user engagement and games with freemium business models
- Experience in social media, or consumer Internet sectors is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English skills
- …and we want you to be a great team player!
Ideal candidate for this position has a strong passion for gaming, mobile entertainment and social media. We are looking for a person, who is able to inspire others to understand game economies deeper, and who enjoys spreading the knowledge and fosters the knowledge creation.
In Rovio you get to take part in development of the next diamonds in an international and inspiring work place and an amazing challenge to ensure that Rovio will be reaching to the stars and beyond also in the future!
Slingshot your application already today by filling the online application form. Please attach a cover letter describing the position you are applying for along with your CV, including the earliest date when you can start working and with a salary request.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applying starts: 21.12.2012