This job is no longer available
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of online game engineers in implementing online features for our games that meet the requirements of the project's Creative Director and online game designers.
As the Lead Online Programmer you will organise, plan and track the design and implementation of all of our online features. These could include networked physics simulation, networked game logic, plus higher-level features like gameplay implementation and synchronisation, matchmaking, session management, etc. Experience of online communities, e-commerce, downloadable content, etc. would also be beneficial.
You will need to exhibit passion and enthusiasm enough to inspire your team and to carry through the vision for the game.
• At least 1 game completed on major home consoles or PC in a significant or lead online/network programming position.
• Experience of supervising or managing other engineers.
• Experience solving online games issues related to latency, bandwidth and synchronization.
• Demonstrable technical expertise in multi-player game play.
• Ability to plan your own work and that of a small team and then ensure delivery on time.
• The ability to give, receive and act on constructive feedback.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
• Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Ambitious about setting new standards for next-gen driving games.
Responsibilities• Lead a team of online game engineers in developing online features for our games.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure features meet project requirements.
• Monitor progress and impediments to ensure deadlines are met.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Closing Date: 19th December 2012