This job is no longer available
The Lead Designer is responsible for the realisation of the Creative Director's vision. The Lead Designer directs and inspires the design team, overseeing creative and efficient design processes that deliver a gameplay experience that reflects the core values of the game and has the widest possible appeal.
• Must have previously shipped a AAA action game title in a Lead or Senior Designer role.
• Experience in managing and mentoring a team of designers.
• Has an understanding of design and creativity management processes, and a working knowledge of modern game design theory.
• Hands-on proficiency in game design at macro level and micro levels.
• Effective and inspiring communication of game design elements to all development staff.
• Demonstrates an understanding of what plays well and sells well.
• Directing game designers working in various sub-teams; setting and reviewing tasks and maintaining a quality bar in the gameplay experience, overseeing the communication of the design internally and externally, personnel management and taking responsibility for the team's on-going learning and development.
• Working with other content directors to manage the overall development process.
• To design elements of the game as required.
• Participate in the management of play-testing and feedback systems.
Desirable Skills• Strong leadership ability.
• Ability to innovate and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with creative, technical and non-technical parties, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organise own work, and the work of others.
• Pro-active and self-motivated.
• Passion for computer games.
Closing date: 17th February 2013.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Relocation + Bonus.
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K.