This job is no longer available
Crytek UK Ltd is looking for a highly organized, quality-driven artist to work closely with the art department and outsourcing vendors to support the production of art assets.
The ideal candidate is a multi-skilled games artist who has shipped multiple current generation titles and who is looking for ongoing career progression to work and learn with top quality team members helping vendors achieve the high standards required here.
- Ability to create high quality game ready assets within given technical limitations
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of term ‘Crytek Quality’
- Understanding and acceptance of their own personal skill gaps and weaknesses
- Willingness to improve and accept direction and feedback
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Work closely with the Art Manager / Lead Artist to understand the artistic vision and quality required
- Communicate regularly with the production team and provide visibility to the entire team
- Prepare asset briefs that clearly communicate technical, artistic and gameplay needs
- Collaborate with vendors to provide direction and feedback to ensure quality and technical delivery is met.
- Test vendor deliveries and integrate outsourced assets into the builds
- Provide constructive and direct feedback in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to outsource vendors
Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- High quality artwork from shipped PS3 and Xbox 360 titles
- Competence in Zbrush, 3DSmax or Maya
- Extensive games industry knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate-able CryENGINE 3 experience
- Previous experience working with outsourcing
- Professional game production experience
- Traditional painting skills
To summarise the role will be responsible for the delivery of quality assets from our outsource vendors and integration into a working build. This involves creation of briefs, technical checks, artistic feedback to ensure quality, clear verbal or written feedback to vendors directly and then clear communication to team members when final assets are delivered. During these tasks I would expect that the artist is developing their personal skills at asset creation within the CryEngine and furthering their development and understanding of current and next gen techniques to keep us at the forefront of artistic creation within the industry.
Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits Crytek UK Ltd’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.