This job is no longer available
Team17 Software is a long established, world-leading developer and publisher of video games. This is an opportunity to join a truly winning team with regular appearances at the top of the XBLA, PSN, PC-Digital and the app-store charts with brands such as Worms and Alien Breed.
The Creative Director will be a member of the senior team primarily responsible for generating and evaluating ideas and then implementing them through gameplay, art and audio. The Creative Director will be expected to communicate, drive and maintain product vision and quality. The role’s primary goal is to establish new game ideas while remaining distinctive, deliberate and disruptive.
• The generation of product ideas from market research and the understanding of audience opportunities.
• The successful communication of the product vision throughout the team, driving the quality of all aspects.
• Maintaining quality standards with all those who partner on the products, both internally and externally
• Understanding consumer feedback, whether direct or data driven and determining the importance of this data by balancing this feedback with an instinctive understanding of what makes a winning product.
• Managing, developing and mentoring a high performing team.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• Previous experience is essential. The Creative Director will have previously held a similar position; working as a designer/creative director on chart-topping AAA titles.
• Experience of a variety of business models such as free-to-play and a sound understanding of in-game monetization.
• Experience contributing in a senior role as a creative influencer to the design of a high-value entertainment title.
• The ability to demonstrate high-impact input to commercially successful products.
• Passionate about the entertainment industry and appraised of market trends.
• Able to impact a team through being a key influencer
• Excellent communications skills at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to demonstrate customer focused innovation.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office.
Applications should be submitted with an up-to-date CV describing relevant employment and education information, plus a covering letter describing how you meet the specific requirements listed above using the link below.
Salary is negotiable and extremely competitive plus excellent benefits package.