This job is no longer available
YAGER - the developer of Spec Ops: The Line, the next big shooter franchise of 2K Games - seeks the talents of a seasoned and passionate Lead Artist to create and manage art development on an exciting next-generation cross platform project that is in pre-production. If you are organized, with excellent communication skills, and have a proven track record in management and art direction for both internal and external outsourcing studios, we have a great opportunity for you here at Yager.
- Work with Art Director and other team leaders to implement and drive the artistic goals of a the project
- Create and assist with management of project schedules and resource planning
- Drive the art team to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Participate in and run meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and outsourcing studios
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- Responsible for mentoring, training, career direction and performance evaluations of art teams
- Help define the art, content workflows and asset quality standards for an AAA action multi-platform game in a collaborative team environment
- Help define and maintain content art workflows and asset quality standards for a AAA action multi-platform game in a collaborative team environment
- Follow the vision and provide clear direction for artists while maintaining a high level of quality and consistency
- Ensure adequate pre-production and testing of new concepts/techniques is complete prior to production of any title
- Must have excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years as professional artist or equivalent experience. 3+ years of art management experience
- At least 1 shipped AAA console game title as Lead Artist
- Strong knowledge of environment, prop and character modeling as well as UV layout and texturing
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya, Z-Brush or Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experienced with setting up and maintaining efficient art team structures
- A strong working knowledge of art processes and pipelines
- Must demonstrate an ability to present to and manage their teams well, providing inspirational leadership and mentoring to artists at all levels
- A deep understanding of the various technical disciplines that go into game art including: concept design, graphic design, animation, environment modeling, character modeling, texturing, lighting and rigging.
- Experience in developing for XBox 360 or Playstation 3 is beneficial
- Experience with lighting, post processing and shader/material editing are beneficial
- Experience with content management systems (Perforce, Alienbrain)
- An active gamer
- Full-time and On-site
- Start: as soon as possible
Please send your application (covering letter, C.V., references, work samples – max. 10MB) along with salary and availability details to the attention of our HR Department using the link below. Please be sure to reference "Lead Artist (f/m)" in the subject line of your email.
YAGER Development GmbH
Human Resources Manager
Berlin is the creative heart of Europe, affording a quality of life and life experiences unmatched on the continent. Not only is it the capital of the German republic, it is a thriving metropolis rich in history, architecture and culture. It is home to a vibrant nightlife, and the cost of living is the lowest in Europe for a city of its size. Berlin is an excellent launch point to any destination in Europe and is known for its first-rate public transportation system, which puts the entire city just a short transit ride away.
YAGER is housed in a 1500m2 loft on the banks of the river Spree in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg, one of the most energetic and culturally rich neighborhoods in Berlin. Numerous affordable and eclectic restaurants and shops are all located within a short walk from the office.